Prospective Marriage Visa
If you are engaged to an Australian citizen or permanent resident, then you may enter Australia on a Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 130) and marry your intended. Persons engaged to eligible New Zealand citizens may also come to Australia on a Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 130). If you enter the country on this fiancé visa, then you must marry within nine months.
Working Holiday Visa
A working holiday or work and holiday visa is for young people and allows you to work and travel in the country for up to twelve months.
You might be able to get this visa if you:
- are at least 18 but not yet 31 years of age
- do not have a dependent child accompanying you at any time during your stay in Australia
- have a passport from an eligible country.
This visa lets you visit Australia:
- to visit or for business visitor purposes
- for up to three, six or 12 months.
The base application charge for this visa ranges from AUD135 to AUD1000.
The eVisitor (subclass 651) visa is free. You must be a passport holder of a certain country.
The Electronic Travel Authority (subclass 601) visa has an AUD20 service charge. You must be a passport holder of a certain country.
You might be able to get this visa if you are travelling to Australia:
- as a visitor
- for business visitor activities
- to visit family
- on a tour with a registered travel agent from the People’s Republic of China.
If you are in Australia you can apply for the Tourist stream of the Visitor visa online provided you currently have a valid visa that does not have condition 8503 imposed.
If you are outside Australia only certain passport holders can apply for this visa online.